Attorney Sarjo Barrow is a first-generation immigrant and understands what you may be going through. He is an immigration attorney with a deep interest in civil rights law. His areas of practice among others include family-based immigration, asylum law, and removal/deportation defense. His clients are families petitioning for their spouses and children to immigrate, adjust their status (if already in the U.S.), as well as corporate clients petitioning on behalf of skilled workers. He can also assist companies with I-9 compliance and audit.
During the past three years, he has represented many families facing deportation in immigration court throughout the United States. Sarjo is well experienced in the area of asylum law; he helped clients from Africa, the Middle East, South America, and Eastern Europe Area. He also handles small business formation, personal injury, and family law.
Sarjo was admitted to the Wisconsin Bar in 2013 and has also been admitted to the United States Eastern and Western District Courts. He is a member of the Bar Associations in Dane County. He had accepted appointment from the State Public Defender in past and successfully vacated a guilty plea entered by a client with potential immigration consequences.
Sarjo has successfully appealed adverse Immigration Judge’s decision to the Board of Immigration Appeal. Because of his strong sense of commitment to duty, he has strong ties with the immigration community through the United States.
- Wisconsin, 2013
- Western District of the United States District Court of Wisconsin, 2014
- Eastern District of the United States District Court of Wisconsin, 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Member)
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Dane County Bar Association
- Gambian Society, Mentor
Honors and Awards
- The Thomas M. Cooley Journal of Practical & Clinical Law, Associate Editor
- Dean’s List, Academic Merit Scholarships recipient, Honor Roll
- Western Michigan University, Cooley Law School, 2013, J.D., Honors: cum laude
- John Jay College of Criminal Justice of The City University of New York, 2010, B.S. Criminal Justice, Honors: cum laude