Experienced Injury Lawyers Serving Wisconsin
Modification Of Physical Placement Orders

Wisconsin Modification of Physical Placement Order Attorneys

Helping You Navigate Child Custody Agreement Modifications

If you have a court order regarding the physical placement of your minor child this order can be modified. The parties can agree or stipulate a modification of placement at any time.

If there is not an agreement there may be limitations on when a physical placement order can be modified. If the order you are seeking to modify is an order within 2 years of the final judgment the party seeking modification must show that the current placement arrangement is physically or emotionally harmful to the minor child. The court can also modify a final order within two years if the parties have substantially equal physical placement rights and it is impractical for the parties to continue to have substantially equal placement.

The court may alter a physical placement order 2 or more years after a final order. The party seeking modification must show that the modification you are seeking is in the best interest of the child and there has been a substantial change of circumstances since the entry of the last order affecting physical placement.

If you have questions regarding the physical placement of your child or modifying the physical placement of your child, contact one of our experienced child custody modification lawyers in Wisconsin at (608) 420-4033.

Client Testimonials

  • "Terry took the time to comfortably explain all and discuss options and decision-making that could be done along the way with clear pros and cons and asking me how I’d like to proceed."
    Jim R.
  • Compassionate, thorough, & made it easy to understand what’s going on.

    Riley G.
  • Lawton & Cates has been the most supportive and helpful!

  • "Everyone was so very kind to me... We were all made to feel welcome, made to feel supported, and made to feel like we belong there. That was very important to me since I was pretty stressed out a lot of the time."
Request a Free Case Evaluation Today

Don't Wait. Contact Us Today.

Complete our form below or call us at (608) 420-4033.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy