You are here: Home / Media Library / Frequently Asked Questions Videos / Family Law / Child Support FAQs / How Do I Modify Child Support?

How Do I Modify Child Support?

Child support can be modified by agreement or by filing a motion with the court. Either party may file a motion to modify child support. In order to modify child support, you must prove a substantial change in circumstances. A substantial change in circumstances can be anything from an increase in the payer’s income, a change in the needs of the child, or a change in the placement schedule. At Lawton & Cates, S.C. we have experience working with clients to modify child support in complicated areas such as self-employment and in imputing income.

Filed under: ,
Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rated
Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Super Lawyers logo
National Board of Trial Advocacy Logo
Top 100 Trial Lawyers