You are here: Home / Media Library / Frequently Asked Questions Videos / Family Law / Physical Placement FAQs / Can I Move to a New City or State with my Child?

Can I Move to a New City or State with my Child?

If both parents are awarded physical placements of the minor child and one party wishes to move with the minor child outside of the state of Wisconsin or inside the state of Wisconsin but 150 miles or more from the other parent, the moving parent must provide the non-moving parent with notice. The non-moving parent has an opportunity to object to this move. If they do object to the move, the court must order mediation. If mediation is unsuccessful, either party may motion the court for change in physical placement.

Filed under: ,
Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rated
Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Super Lawyers logo
National Board of Trial Advocacy Logo
Top 100 Trial Lawyers
Better Business Bureau