Have you ever been promised millions of dollars by the Nigerian Secretary of something or other? What about a bait and switch scheme? Or, have you bought a new car that has problems the minute you drive it off the lot? These are a sampling of Wisconsin consumer law issues you may face. The lawyers at Lawton & Cates have sued credit card companies for tacking on extra charges, automobile dealers for "lemon law" violations, and other entities for other consumer law related matters.
Lawton & Cates worked with the University of Wisconsin Law School to found the Consumer Law Clinic. We continue to work with the Clinic to help consumers get a fair shake in the marketplace.
If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail us email@example.com or Call Us (608) 282-6200.
- Lemon Law Claims
- Problems With Repairs Or Improvements Your Home Or Yard
- Deceptive Or Unfair Treatment When Purchasing A Product Or Service
- Problems Or Fraud Concerning Something Ordered Or Received By Mail
- Deceptive Or Unfair Door To Door Selling Practices
- Faulty Or Unsafe Products
- Phone Calls Or Mailings That Indicate You May Be A Sweepstakes Prizewinner
- Problems With Bills Or Services Received From The Phone Or Cable Company
- Problems With Credit Standing - Being Turned Down For Credit
- Deceptive Or Unfair Disclosure Of Terms Of Credit While Making A Purchase Or Borrowing Money
- Debt Collection And Problems With Harassing Tactics And Phone Calls
- Problems With An Investment In A Business Opportunity Or Multi-Level Plan That Did Not Turn Out As Promised
There Are A Number Of Other Specific Areas That Are Covered By Consumer Protection Laws, they Include:
- Health Spas And Fitness Centers
- Future Service Plans
- Dating Services
- Ticket Sales
- Cemetery Lots
- Proper Weights And Measures
- Unsolicited Goods Or Services
- Energy And Safety Claims And Deceptive Offers Of Employment