Michael Stingl is the lead attorney at Lawton & Cates' office in Jefferson, Wisconsin. Mike has over 38 years of experience in representing people for a variety of legal needs. He built his career around litigation and general practice areas including civil trial work, personal injury, family law, real estate, estate planning and appellate cases.
Mike was admitted to the Wisconsin Bar in 1983 and has also been admitted to the U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit, and the U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin. He received his bachelor's degree from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and his J.D. from the University of Wisconsin Law School. He is a member of the State Bar of Wisconsin, the Jefferson County Bar Association, the American Association for Justice, and the Civil Trial Counsel of Wisconsin.
Mike takes pride in providing excellent service for all his clients and has achieved successful results in state court matters covering numerous counties.
- Wisconsin, 1983
- Eastern and Western Districts of the United States District Court of Wisconsin, 1986
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Wisconsin (member)
- Jefferson County Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Civil Trial Counsel of Wisconsin
Honors and Awards
- Recipient, American Jurisprudence Award for Contracts, 1980
- Jefferson County Bar Association, past President
- University of Wisconsin Law School, 1983, J.D.
- University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, B.A.
- Personal Injury and Accidents
- Wills and Estate Planning
- Business Litigation
- Family Law
- Real Estate