Fraud & Negligence
Total recovery of over $4.6 million for a group of nonprofit businesses victimized by fraud and professional negligence. Confidential Settlement.
Wrongful death settlement in a Federal Tort Claim of $2.3 million.
Federal Tort Claim
Wrongful death settlement of a Federal Tort Claim case of $1 million.
Motor vehicle accident settlement of $942,333.33 for three injured victims in a head-on collision through uninsured motorist claim.
Motor Vehicle Accident
Motor vehicle accident settlement of $724,600.
Motor Vehicle Accident
Motor vehicle accident settlement of $635,000.00.
Navigating any legal matter—whether it’s filing an insurance claim after a serious car accident, protecting your rights after an arrest, or handling a business or commercial dispute—can be incredibly challenging. When you need help with a legal issue, you need a team you can trust.
Since 1958, Lawton Cates has been representing clients in all types of complex legal matters, including cases involving personal injury, workers’ compensation, criminal defense, consumer protection, lemon law, business litigation, family law and divorce, civil rights violations, eminent domain, and more.
From our office in Jefferson, our attorneys provide a personal approach to litigation. When you choose our firm, you will receive direct, one-on-one assistance from your attorney throughout the legal process. We take pride in offering individualized and innovative legal strategies that are tailored specifically to each client’s unique situation.
As your legal team, we will be there to answer your questions, address your concerns, and guide you through the legal process. To learn more, including how our attorneys can assist you with your legal issue, please call Jefferson or contact us online.
We are happy to discuss your case and share how we may be able to help at absolutely no cost to you.
A Team That Will Fight for You
At Lawton Cates, we understand just how stressful the legal system can be, especially when your future is on the line. When you trust your case to our team, you can have confidence knowing that we will fight tirelessly for you and your future.
We can assist you if you need help with any of the following:
- Filing a personal injury claim or lawsuit after a motor vehicle accident, dog bite, or farm accident
- Seeking workers’ compensation benefits following a job-related injury or illness
- Receiving a vehicle replacement or refund for a defective vehicle, or “lemon”
- Protecting your rights after being arrested or charged with a criminal offense
- Navigating a divorce or child custody/support arrangement
- Filing a product liability claim under consumer protection laws
- Holding responsible parties accountable for civil rights violations and discrimination
- Fighting to stop eminent domain or disputing offered compensation for your property
- Filing a federal tort against a federal employee or agency
Our attorneys in Jefferson represent clients throughout Jefferson County and across the state of Wisconsin. We offer complimentary consultations by phone, video, or in person at either of our office locations and are available for same-day and weekend appointments by request.
Finding the right attorney is an important, but often difficult, task. When you work with the right team, you get the service and support you need to feel confident about your case.
At Lawton Cates, we always put our clients first. We see ourselves as your partner in the legal process, working directly with you to better understand your concerns and goals. Our attorneys recognize that no two cases are exactly alike. Because of this, we do not believe in a one-size-fits-all approach. Instead, we develop innovative and individualized legal strategies tailored to your situation.
Our practice is founded on:
- More than six decades spent serving clients across the state
- A deep and genuine commitment to our clients
- Personal attention, service, and support throughout the legal process
- An aggressive and innovative approach to litigation
- Honesty, integrity, and communication
Our team has a longstanding history of success in each of our practice areas. We have helped numerous individuals, families, and businesses successfully navigate the legal system and secure the results they needed to move forward.