Drunk Driving Accidents
Wisconsin Drunk Driving Accident Attorneys
Helping Victims of Drunk Driving Accidents in Wisconsin
Drunk driving is a serious problem in Wisconsin and throughout the United States. Every year, thousands of people are killed and many more are injured in accidents caused by drunk drivers. If you or someone you love was injured in a drunk driving accident, you have the right to seek compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
At Lawton & Cates, our Wisconsin drunk driving accident lawyers are dedicated to helping victims of negligence recover the full, fair compensation they are owed. We understand the immense physical, emotional, and financial toll these accidents can take on victims and their families, and we are here to provide the compassionate, personalized legal guidance you need during this difficult time.
Drunk Driving Accident Statistics
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), someone is killed in a drunk driving accident every 50 minutes in the United States.
Effects of Drunk Driving Accidents
Drunk driving accidents can cause a wide range of injuries, from minor to severe. In some cases, these accidents are fatal. When victims survive, they often face a long and difficult road to recovery. Many victims are left with permanent disabilities that prevent them from returning to work and earning a living. They may also require ongoing medical care and treatment, as well as assistance with daily activities.
At Lawton & Cates, we understand the immense physical, emotional, and financial toll these accidents can take on victims and their families. Our Madison drunk driving accident attorneys are here to help you fight for the full, fair compensation you are owed for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
Preventing Drunk Driving Accidents
Drunk driving accidents are entirely preventable. By taking the right precautions, you can help protect yourself and others on the road from the dangers of drunk driving.
Some tips for preventing drunk driving accidents include:
- Never drink and drive. If you plan on drinking, make sure you have a designated driver or plan to use a rideshare service, taxi, or public transportation to get home.
- Be a responsible host. If you are hosting a party or event where alcohol will be served, make sure you have plenty of non-alcoholic beverages available for guests. You should also be prepared to offer guests a place to stay if they are unable to drive home safely.
- Report suspected drunk drivers. If you see a driver who you suspect may be under the influence of alcohol, report them to the police. You could save a life.
Drunk Driving Laws and Penalties
Drunk driving is illegal in Wisconsin and throughout the United States. In Wisconsin, it is illegal to operate a motor vehicle with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of 0.08% or higher. Commercial drivers are held to a stricter standard and can be charged with drunk driving if their BAC is 0.04% or higher. For drivers under the age of 21, Wisconsin has a zero-tolerance policy, meaning they can be charged with drunk driving if their BAC is 0.02% or higher.
How Our Firm Can Help
At Lawton & Cates, we are committed to helping victims of negligence recover the full, fair compensation they are owed. Our Wisconsin drunk driving accident lawyers have a proven track record of success in even the most complex cases. We are prepared to fight for you.
When you choose our firm, you can expect:
- Compassionate, personalized legal guidance from a team of experienced professionals
- Open and honest communication throughout the entire process
- Aggressive representation from a team of skilled trial lawyers
- Customized legal strategies tailored to your unique needs and goals
- Responsive service and prompt answers to your questions and concerns
Discuss Your Case with a Member of Our Team
If you or someone you love was injured in a drunk driving accident, reach out to our Madison drunk driving accident attorneys today. We offer free initial consultations!
"Terry took the time to comfortably explain all and discuss options and decision-making that could be done along the way with clear pros and cons and asking me how I’d like to proceed."Jim R.
Compassionate, thorough, & made it easy to understand what’s going on.Riley G.
Lawton & Cates has been the most supportive and helpful!Rachel
"Everyone was so very kind to me... We were all made to feel welcome, made to feel supported, and made to feel like we belong there. That was very important to me since I was pretty stressed out a lot of the time."Susie