Madison Personal Injury Attorney
Helping the Injured in Wisconsin
If you or a loved one have been injured due to the negligence of another person in Madison, Wisconsin, it is important to seek experienced legal assistance. A personal injury attorney can help you understand your rights and pursue compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages associated with the accident.
An experienced personal injury lawyer from Lawton Cates will be able to guide you through every step of the process. From filing an insurance claim to protecting your rights in court—we make sure that justice is served. With our knowledge of state laws and regulations, we can ensure that all parties involved are held accountable for their actions.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim in Wisconsin?
According to the Wisconsin Statutes section 893.54, the statute of limitations for personal injury cases in the state of Wisconsin is three years. This means you have three years starting from the date your injury happened to file a personal injury claim.
If you miss this time period, you will almost certainly lose your right to file. It’s also important to note that there are exceptions that can change this two-time limit.
Some examples of these exceptions include:
- If the injury victim was under the age of 18 when the accident occurred
- If the alleged negligent party leaves the state before a claim is filed
The statute of limitations has a big impact on your ability to file a claim so it’s important to speak to a skilled lawyer about the specifics of your case as soon as you can. Lawton & Cates offers so you have nothing to lose by contacting our firm today!
What Are the Most Common Personal Injuries?
Personal injury accidents can cause a range of serious physical, psychological and financial injuries to those involved. In addition to the physical pain and suffering these types of injuries can cause, victims may also experience emotional distress such as depression and/or anxiety.
Victims may also be faced with expensive medical bills resulting from their accident-related injuries as well as lost wages due to missed workdays. Common personal injury accident injuries our lawyers encounter include, but are not limited to:
- Broken Bones: Broken bones are one of the most common personal injuries in Wisconsin and can be very serious, depending on the part of the body affected.
- Sprains and Strains: Sprains involve torn or stretched ligaments, while strains involve torn or overstretched muscles and tendons. Both can lead to severe pain, swelling, difficulty moving the affected area, and other complications if left untreated.
- Head Injuries: Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) caused by blunt force trauma to the head is another common injury seen in Wisconsin cases. These types of injuries can lead to long-term cognitive impairments as well as physical disabilities that require extensive care and rehabilitation services.
- Back Injuries: Damage caused by an accident involving a vehicle may cause enduring back pain ranging from mild discomfort to debilitating chronic pain. Specialized medical treatments like surgery or physical therapy may be required for more severe cases of limb paralysis and spinal cord damage.
- Whiplash Injury: This type of neck injury usually happens when someone experiences sudden acceleration or deceleration forces during an accident. Such forces can cause the head to snap forward then backward with great speed, resulting in tears within the muscle fibers in the neck and shoulders. Whiplash is a very common injury that requires medical treatment as soon as possible to prevent more serious long-term problems from developing.
An experienced personal injury lawyer in Madison is prepared to help individuals who have suffered an injury due to someone else's negligence. Though life may never be the same after an accident, compensation can help you get on the right track to recovery. Do not neglect the opportunity to recover full compensation for your losses after a devastating accident.
What Can a Madison Personal Injury Attorney Do for My Case?
A dedicated Madison personal injury lawyer will be able to help you or your loved one through the entire process of seeking legal redress after a personal injury accident.
From managing complex insurance claims to filing lawsuits on behalf of victims, a skilled injury lawyer can help you explore all the legal options available to you. Your attorney can even negotiate with the parties responsible for the accident, and help you seek maximum compensation for your injuries.
Some of the services offered by personal injury attorneys include, but are not limited to:
- Investigating the Accident: A personal injury attorney in Madison will investigate the accident to determine the facts and assign liability for damages suffered by victims.
- Filing Necessary Documents and Representing Clients in Court: An experienced lawyer can help you file all necessary legal documents and represent you in court if a dispute arises regarding your rights or interests.
- Negotiating with Insurance Companies: Personal injury attorneys are familiar with insurance policies and can negotiate with the companies involved in your case. This will help ensure that you receive fair compensation according to your policies coverage limits.
- Crafting Settlement Agreements: A knowledgeable lawyer will be able to craft a settlement agreement tailored specifically to your needs. Your attorneys in Madison can take into account any special circumstances surrounding your case such as medical bills, lost wages, and other damages incurred due to an accident-related injury. That includes pain and suffering. Such settlements ensure that both parties agree on terms before signing off.
- Providing Legal Advice Regarding State Laws & Regulations: Understanding how state laws relate specifically to personal injury cases is important for protecting one’s rights after an accident. A good attorney will provide advice on the relevant laws and regulations to help ensure that you are pursuing a just outcome.
Moreover, a personal injury attorney in Madison will also provide invaluable advice to victims and their families who are facing a personal injury claim. Our attorneys understand the legal system, the insurance process, and know how to effectively negotiate with those responsible for an accident in order to secure fair compensation that covers all related expenses.
Still Have Questions? Ask Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Madison, WI
Our team of qualified professionals will answer all of your questions, provide guidance through complex paperwork, negotiate with insurance companies, manage deadlines, and secure any evidence needed in order to present your case in court.
At Lawton Cates, we understand how traumatic personal injuries can be for those involved. Our experienced personal injury attorneys are dedicated to helping victims get the justice they deserve by providing knowledgeable legal advice and representation throughout the entire process. We will evaluate your case closely and craft an aggressive strategy to ensure you receive maximum compensation.
If you or a loved one has been injured due to someone else’s negligence, contact Lawton Cates for a free case review today. With our knowledge of state laws and regulations, we can help you hold accountable all parties involved in your personal injury accident.
"Terry took the time to comfortably explain all and discuss options and decision-making that could be done along the way with clear pros and cons and asking me how I’d like to proceed."Jim R.
Compassionate, thorough, & made it easy to understand what’s going on.Riley G.
Lawton & Cates has been the most supportive and helpful!Rachel
"Everyone was so very kind to me... We were all made to feel welcome, made to feel supported, and made to feel like we belong there. That was very important to me since I was pretty stressed out a lot of the time."Susie